Tuesday, June 11, 2013

"I am a mess. I am so loved. And I am going to Nicaragua": a casual update.

Hi there!

Well, my last post was on February 19th. So much for posting AT LEAST once a month haha. Let's just say my life has been a chaotic and complicated mess. It has been an absolute mess, y'all. Here's a brief update since you last heard from me:

  • I successfully completed 56 hours of college coursework (not including labs...) And will be able to keep my scholarships next year! 
  • So I studied. A LOT. 
  • I joined a sorority. (Tri Delta for the win!) 
At formal at Red Rocks, which was awesome. 
  • I volunteered. A lot. 
  • I built and strengthened incredible, lifelong relationships.
  • I did lots of Colorado things. 
Like watching the sunrise at Red Rocks with my best friends from Arkansas :)

Like doing the incline. 

Like climbing Gray's Peak (a 14er) in the snow. 
SO obsessed with Colorado. 
  • I got a job as an RA for next year.
  • I fell in love with GlobeMed (an incredible organization you should check out or ask me about :) 
At the National GlobeMed Summit with the incredible Leymah Gbowee. 
  • I made some good decisions. 
  • I made some questionable decisions.
  • I learned from each one of my decisions. 
  • and I somehow lived through THREE near death experiences.
So I'll start with that last one. (I'm not going to give details here haha, but if you would like to hear these stories, definitely contact me!) We can just say that my body hates everything I lovingly put into it, and that God has something HUGE in store for me, because He could have so easily taken me back home on three separate occasions these past 6 month. 

Basically, I feel like I am such a different person since I moved to Denver in September. Everyone says you "find yourself" in college. And I was always like "yeah whatever." But no. It's so true. And I realized that I know absolutely nothing about myself, about God, about Organic Chemistry, about science, or about how I am supposed to live this life. I have also realized that I am not perfect, I am not called or expected to be perfect, and that when I give the best I have to give, that's enough. This has been the hardest year of my life. Hands down. And even though my life is a mess. It's HIS mess. I don't understand why He keeps taking me back, why He continues to love me more than I can even comprehend, but He does. It's the coolest thing I have ever experienced. 

SO NOW WHAT? 

Well.... I'M LEAVING FOR NICARAGUA TOMORROW. 

Yeah. Tomorrow.

Like my plane leaves in 16 hours. 

Have I started packing? 

Haha no.

So I'm just sitting here at Starbucks drinking insane amounts of expresso and writing this instead? 

Haha yep.

Yeah that's my life. 

BUT. I just felt like I needed to write an update. And hopefully I'll get a chance to blog while I'm in Nica, but if not, I'll write them there and post them when I get back!

Did I mention that I'm so excited I like shake and cry and giggle at random points throughout the day? 

Yeah that's probably not normal... but I'm that excited.

Just to remind you, I'll be staying with my extended family down there and working at a ministry called Project Hope. I will be shadowing a physician, working in a clinic, working in a home for girls out of sex trafficking, and working in an orphanage for 0-5 year olds with special needs.

I'm pretty much just going to be in heaven for 6 weeks. No big deal.

Okay it's SUCH a big deal ;) 

I know God is going to use this trip in huge ways in my life. He could not have brought it at a more perfect time. He's kinda funny like that :) 

"Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us" - Ephesians 3:20 

God is about to do AMAZING things in my life, and I'm so thankful to be able to share it with y'all. Thank you for supporting me, for loving me, and for reading about my crazy, awkward, unbelievable life. 

With #love,

Tay 

No comments:

Post a Comment