Tuesday, December 4, 2012

My First EVER Blog Post

Hi bloggy friends!

Well.. I've finally given in and gone over to the dark side. That's right, I have started my very own blog. I have always liked to think of myself as too hipster or something to succumb to the mainstream pull that is sharing your entire life with random people on the internet; however, recently God has been convicting me about the fact that blogging is a great way to share what He is doing in my life, and possibly make amazing connections with people who share my passions. So here we go. :)

I got the idea to name my blog hashtag love (I thought it was creative enough for someone as left-brained as myself) and I feel like it fits perfectly into what I want my blog to become. I want this to be a place where I can share what I love in life, and figure out how to do more of those things. So this first post is just going to be a short list of all the things I love most in life.


  • I love my family. I am the eldest of four children, and my siblings (Murphy-15, Garrison-11, and Annie-5) are some of my best friends, as are my incredible parents. 
  • I love my friends. We laugh incredibly hard at the most inappropriate times and at the most ridiculous things. They are the people I can totally just by myself around- my awkward, silly, sometimes sassy, and passionate self. And it's the best.
  • I love college. I am a freshman at the University of Denver, and it's been the greatest season of life thus far. 
  • I love doing nerdy and left-brained things. I am a double math and biology major with a huge dream of one day going to medical school.
  • I love Colorado. Have you seen it here?? It's gorgeous, and everyone is so happy and active. Also the mountains are like the best invention ever. Props to their creator! 
  • I love running. I'm not very fast and my endurance sucks, but in my mind I'm a beast at it. 
  • I love Africa. I spent three weeks in Uganda / Ethiopia two summers ago and it completely changed my life. It's my happy place.
  • I love Asia. My sister, Annie, is from China. She constantly makes me smile and challenges the way I do life every single day. I really love Asian people in general, I think they're adorable and if you have an asian child, I secretly want to steal him or her and raise him or her as my own.
  • I love India. Yes, I know India is technically in Asia, but I love the food, the culture, and the music. Like a lot. God has placed India on my heart lately; my desire to go there is something I can't even explain, but I know my God is sending me there very soon. And I'm SO excited to see how He does it.   
  • I love music. I suck at guitar, but it's so fun to attempt. And you will find me singing inappropriately loud most of the time.  
  • I love ugly sweaters/vests. Especially holiday themed ones. Or Hawaiian ones. 
  • I love laughing. I laugh ALL the time at everything. My laughs are often too loud, too inappropriate, and too awkward, but whatever, it's great. 
  • Above everything else, I love my God. I cannot imagine living without the hope, love, acceptance, purpose, and encouragement I find through Him alone. His grace is absolutely incredible, and somehow His timing always turns out perfectly. Even when I'm so angry at Him, more angry than I've ever been at anyone ever, He always gently draws me back to Him. He's so cool. The coolest guy I have ever met. I have nothing in this life besides Him. 
I'm blessed beyond belief by all of these things, plus SO many more, and I'm excited to see what else I find to fall in love with throughout my life. I'm sure there are many more amazing blessings waiting just around the corner. Thanks for reading! 


In awkwardness and love,

Tay

II Timothy 4:7 #love

1 comment:

  1. Yay Tay! Love this...and glad you succumbed...so I can stalk you and keep up with your life! And I am first comment ever! #loveyou <3 Windsey

    ReplyDelete